TUDDENHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1030514

Date first listed: 16-Mar-1966

Statutory Address: TUDDENHAM HALL, GRUNDSIBURGH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TUDDENHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1030514 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 19:01:10.

Location

Statutory Address: TUDDENHAM HALL, GRUNDSIBURGH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal (District Authority)

Parish: Tuddenham St. Martin

National Grid Reference: TM 20039 48889

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 24 NW TUDDENHAM ST MARTIN GRUNDISBURGH ROAD

4/25 Tuddenham Hall 16.3.66 - II

House, formerly manor-house. Early C17 with major alterations of 1889 and 1897; probably for John Sicklemore (d.1644). 2 storeys and attics. L-plan with C19 additions to rear. Red brick with bands at 1st and attic floor levels. C17 Flemish parapet gable at right-hand end has a hood-moulded C19 recess with richly carved achievement in sandstone; another parapet gable at the cross-wing to left was rebuilt C19. Plaintiled roofs with mainly C19 external chimneys of red brick; each stack has a moulded plinth and a set of 3 octagonal shafts with star-tops. Mainly late C19 windows with segmental heads of gauged red brick, and rusticated reveals; wooden mullions and transomes. A number of C19 bay windows of 1 and 2 storeys, some with moulded sandstone dressings, some having parapets with brick balustrading. Fine early C17 1- storey entrance porch of red brick; Flemish parapet gable with limestone ball finials, a central niche in the gable containing a limestone statue of a woodwose. Round-headed doorway with flanking brick pilasters supporting a cornice; pair of C19 oak-framed doors with half-glazing. A parlour extension to rear, with a date-cartouche "1889", is in the C17 manner; another extension to the service wing is dated 1897. A parlour fireplace has a richly-carved surround and overmantel of early C17, restored C19. Another room has complete but restored mid C17 oak wainscotting, taken from Cockfield Hall, Witnesham in c.1890.

Listing NGR: TM2003948889

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 285987

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing