BUILDING 15 METRES EAST NORTH EAST OF MERLIN HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1030576

Date first listed: 19-Nov-1984

Statutory Address: BUILDING 15 METRES EAST NORTH EAST OF MERLIN HOUSE, LITTLE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of BUILDING 15 METRES EAST NORTH EAST OF MERLIN HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1030576 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 19:40:07.

Location

Statutory Address: BUILDING 15 METRES EAST NORTH EAST OF MERLIN HOUSE, LITTLE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal (District Authority)

Parish: Earl Soham

National Grid Reference: TM2315663056

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 26 SW EARL SOHAM LITTLE GREEN

8/48 Building 15m. - east north east of Merlin House

- II

Former Baptist chapel, later village hall, now a builder's workshop. 1821. Timber framed and weatherboarded, formerly tarred; hipped slated roof with plastered eaves. Single storey. 3 bays x 2 bays: cross windows with hinged boarded shutters; to the south a 6-panel raised and fielded door. The 2 main doorways were to the north, now obscured by a later brick addition. Plastered interior with traces of former gallery at south end. Replaced by a brick-built chapel in Low Road in 1859. An unusual local example of a weatherboarded chapel.

Listing NGR: TM2315663056

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 285820

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing