This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE MERCERS HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE MERCERS HALL

List entry Number: 1030686

Location

THE MERCERS HALL, THE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Walberswick

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Jan-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 285572

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 47 SE WALBERSWICK THE STREET

4/56 The Mercers Hall - - II

House. Originally a C15 wool hall standing in Lady Street, Lavenham; dismantled 1908 and re-erected here c.1920. Timber framed, with closely-spaced exposed half timbering; plaintiled roof. 2 storeys. 3 gabled wings; the gables to the front and left hand side have a jettied first floor and are the cross-wings of the original house. Front gable with 5-light mullioned oriel windows with moulded soffits to ground and first floors, the ground floor window probably a replacement; many of the other windows appear to be original and all have diamond leaded panes; doorway to right hand wing with modern boarded door and plaintiled hood. To the rear is an early C20 plastered extension with re-used timbers to first floor. Interior with much fine exposed timbering, 2 original doors, newel staircase, crown post roofs to the 2 jettied wings.

Listing NGR: TM4955474723

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TM 49554 74723

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1030686 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-May-2018 at 09:40:15.

End of official listing