This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FOUNDRY HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FOUNDRY HOUSE

List entry Number: 1031228

Location

FOUNDRY HOUSE, BURY ROAD
FOUNDRY HOUSE, THE WALKS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: St. Edmundsbury

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stanton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Sep-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 284296

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 97 SE STANTON BURY ROAD (THE WALKS)

3/33 Foundry House 14.7.55 (Formerly listed as Premises 120 yards East of Manor Farmhouse) GV II

House, now office. Dated 1576 in a wooden panel over the door, with the unidentified initials ISAAN. 2 storeys. 3-cell plan, with internal chimney- stack and cross-entry: 5 bays. Timber-framed and rendered with C20 plaintiled roof. A jetty with small plain supporting brackets along the south side. The internal chimney-stack has a rebuilt shaft with saw-tooth decoration, and a C19 external stack at the east end has a small single-storey extension beyond it, terminating in a lean-to with pantiled roof. 2 3-light and 1 2-light casement window to ground storey and 3 similar 2-light windows to upper storey, all with a single horizontal bar to lights. 2 doors. The 2-bay centre room, which contained the entry, has an exposed timber ceiling: double roll-mouldings to the main cross-beams, single roll-moulding to the joists. A single service room at the east end, initially unheated, and a parlour on the west, both with chamfered main beams visible. An open fireplace in the parlour, with a timber lintel and stone jambs. Little framing visible on upper floor, and no access to roof. The attic stairs were blocked some years ago.

Listing NGR: TL9672573456

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 96725 73456

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1031228 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-May-2018 at 09:18:42.

End of official listing