CHURCH OF SS PETER AND PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1031249

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1955

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SS PETER AND PAUL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF SS PETER AND PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1031249 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 22:10:07.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SS PETER AND PAUL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: St. Edmundsbury (District Authority)

Parish: Great Livermere

National Grid Reference: TL 88176 71857

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE LIVERMERE

181/2/46 LIVERMERE PARK 14-JUL-55 Church of SS Peter and Paul

II*



Former parish church, which became ruinous in the present century, and is now an empty shell. Rubble flint, with remains of old render. The roofs were removed in 1947, and the fittings dispersed to other churches. Nave and chancel probably C13, and reconstructed in the C18 but with the remains of older work: Saxon long-and-short work in the quoining of the north-east corner, and a blocked Norman north doorway with decorated lintel. 2-light Y- tracery east window. The north chapel, with a Gothic plaster vault, was an C18 addition. The C14 west tower, small and unbuttressed, was heightened by 2 additional stages in the C18, to be seen, it is said, from Livermere Hall, demolished in 1887.

Listing NGR: TL8817671857

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 284240

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing