HEALEY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1031799
Date first listed:
25-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
HEALEY HALL, SHAWCLOUGH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEALEY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1031799 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 11:01:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
HEALEY HALL, SHAWCLOUGH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rochdale (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 88152 15802

Details

SD 81 NE ROCHDALE SHAWCLOUGH ROAD (west side) 3/103 Healey Hall 25.10.1951

G.V. II

House. 1774 on keystone. Ashlar. Large central door and hall with one room to either side. Two rooms deep with single-storey side entrance wing and added wing to rear. 7- bay, 2-storey facade with triangular pediment over central 3. Doorway has Roman Doric attached columns, entablature and pediment with carved inscriptions to the tympanum and frieze, enclosing a semi-circular headed opening with keystone and fanlight. First floor sill band, cornice and parapet, carved armorial tympanum to pediment and central window with lugged and heeled architrave and fluted keystone. All the windows are original. Hipped roof. Rear: Palladian window to stair hall. Dormer windows to side as well as rear elevation. At rear of house is a stone recording the building of a stable in 1775 and also the datestone of the previous house, inscribed "CCDOC:T.RC.IC.AC.RB:ANO.DOMI.1618.non Aquilo impotens possit. diruere (the north wind does not have the power to destroy)IC.CC.MC.MDCCLXXIV. (1774)." The interior has good plasterwork of mid C19.

Listing NGR: SD8815215802

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
358933
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Nov 1999
Reference: IOE01/00542/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Pamela Jackson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].