BARN CIRCA 75 METRES SOUTH OF NEW HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1031822
Date first listed:
02-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
BARN CIRCA 75 METRES SOUTH OF NEW HALL FARMHOUSE, SOUTHPORT ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN CIRCA 75 METRES SOUTH OF NEW HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1031822 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Jul-2019 at 18:57:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN CIRCA 75 METRES SOUTH OF NEW HALL FARMHOUSE, SOUTHPORT ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
West Lancashire (District Authority)
Parish:
Scarisbrick
National Grid Reference:
SD 37174 14493

Details

SCARISBRICK SOUTHPORT ROAD (off) SD 31 SE 8/37 Barn c.75 metres south of New Hall Farmhouse - - II

Barn. Dated 1672 on north side. Handmade brick, roof of corrugated sheet with some translucent panels. Five bays with outshuts on the north side, opposed wagon doorways to the centre, that on the north side recessed between the outshuts with low outer doorways and a glazed screen above then, and to the left of the head a datestone with raised lettering I S; 1672 each outshut has a door in the centre, with sandstone lintel, flanked by small altered windows, and the left outshut has a little 6-pane loft window under the eaves. South side and gables have numerous slit breathers (lean-to additions to south side and both ends not included in the item). Interior: original roof trusses with straight windbracing.

Listing NGR: SD3717414493

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357740
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2003
Reference: IOE01/10970/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Riley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].