This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

JUBILEE MEMORIAL DRINKING FOUNTAIN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: JUBILEE MEMORIAL DRINKING FOUNTAIN

List entry Number: 1031857

Location

JUBILEE MEMORIAL DRINKING FOUNTAIN, TRANQUIL VALE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lewisham

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-Aug-2002

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 489751

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details



779/0/10122 TRANQUIL VALE 21-AUG-02 Jubilee Memorial Drinking Fountain

II



Drinking Fountain. Erected in 1897, restored 1971. Built of stone and granite. About 15 feet in height. Square structure with chamfered edges, stiffleaf moulded cornice and four steep gables with roofs carved to represent pointed tiles and central octagonal shaft surmounted by metal finial. Inscription to south east gable "1897. Erected by the inhabitants of Blackheath to commemorate the 60th year of the reign of Her Most Gracious Majesty Queen Victoria". South east face below gable has profile bust of Queen Victoria in roundel. Four granite semi-circular bowls on red granite colonnettes with stone stiffleaf-moulded capitals. Inscription on north west face records that it was restored in 1971. On two octagonal stone steps.

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 39477 76153

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1031857 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 10:16:57.

End of official listing