This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARN IMMEDIATELY TO THE WEST OF BLEACH FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN IMMEDIATELY TO THE WEST OF BLEACH FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1032062

Location

BARN IMMEDIATELY TO THE WEST OF BLEACH FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Waveney

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wissett

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Apr-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 282124

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 37 NE WISSETT

5/50 Barn immediately to the - west of Bleach Farmhouse

GV II

Barn. Dated inside on a beam 1772. Timber-framed on a high brick plinth, part with timbers exposed outside and C20 brick infilling; part with old render; weatherboarding on north gable. Roof of C20 corrugated aluminium. The frame is in 4 bays, the northernmost having been storied from the outset for a stable and hayloft; entry in the 2nd bay from the south. Bisected studs; slightly curved primary braces; no middle rail. Trusses with straight tie-beams and long arched braces, bolted. Roof in 4 bays, with a ridge-piece and principal rafters set on edge; 2 rows of unstepped butt purlins, some of triangular section. Above the entry on the west side the wallplate is painted with red ochre and inscribed in white lettering 'Erected by Peter Spark and John Crow, Town Reeves, 1772'. This refers to the Town Trust; of Alburgh, in Norfolk, to which Bleach Farm belonged at the time.

Listing NGR: TM3735079557

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TM 37350 79557

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1032062 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 04:45:13.

End of official listing