UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1032152
Date first listed:
27-Nov-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
14-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, CHAPEL ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1032152.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2020 at 04:32:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, CHAPEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
East Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Wrentham
National Grid Reference:
TM 49728 82703

Details

WRENTHAM TM 49728270 CHAPEL ROAD 446/6/60 United Reformed Church 27.11.54 II*

Chapel. Dated 1778 on keystone over central ground floor window. Red brick, with rendered flat parapet around 3 sides; mansard hipped roof of glazed black pantiles. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-bay entrance facade: semi-circular headed 2-light and 3-light square-leaded casement windows with y tracery; raised stone springers and keys. 2 doorways each with later 4-panel raised and fielded doors: they are set within semi-circular arched recesses and have panelled surrounds which appear to be the original doors. 2-bay returns with similar windows. There is a gallery on 3 sides, supported on slender wooden columns and 2 large columns at the angles, painted to resemble marble. The stairs to the gallery have been removed. Box pews with raised and fielded panels; panelled entrance lobbies. Facing the gallery is a pulpit with inscriptions relating to the founding of the chapel in the C17.



Listing NGR: TM4972982703

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
281925
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Nov 2003
Reference: IOE01/07266/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David W. Collins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].