This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1032435



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Tostock

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-May-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 281261

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



5/158 Ticehurst Farmhouse -

-- II

Farmhouse, 1599 as dated on building. 2 storeys and attics. 3-cell lobby- entrance plan: the parlour cell to left is in the form of a short crosswing. Timber-framed; much encased in mid C19 red brick (now painted), with a parapet along the front. The crosswing is mainly plastered and is end-jettied at 1st floor level back and front: the gable tie-beams of the crosswing and of the right hand end oversail. Plaintiled roofs. An axial chimney of 1599: orange/buff brick with 3 octagonal flues. Mid C19 small-pane sashes with flat arched heads. C19 parapetted flat-roofed entrance porch: 6-panelled door, the lower 4 panels fielded and the upper pair glazed. The cross-wing gable has well-carved ornamentation associated with the carved date 1599 at the centre of the tiebeam. At the jetty is a curved fascia with vinescroll, and a pair of dragons at the centre; beneath the jetty are two carved console brackets, now mainly encased in brick. The tiebeam has similar vinescroll, and beneath are long shallow arched brackets with diagonally-set carved drop finials at the eaves. Bargeboards also.vinescroll-car.ved; the drop finial at the apex was renewed in C19.

Listing NGR: TL9552863007

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 95528 63007


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1032435 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 04:06:42.

End of official listing