This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1032500

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Beyton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 15-Nov-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 281104

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 96 SW BEYTON CHURCH ROAD

Church of All Saints 4/1 15.11.54

-- II*

Parish church: medieval core, but almost rebuilt apart from tower in 1853/4 (architect J. Johnson of Bury St Edmunds). Nave, chancel north aisle, south porch, west tower. (A church room added c.1970 on south side, detached apart from linking corridor). Flint rubble with freestone dressings. Plaintiled roofs with parapet gables (the aisle roof is low-pitched behind parapets). Round tower in 2 main stages; probably C13: large C15 buttresses and a 2-light west window. The belfry stage rebuilt in early C19 with gault brick windows. The medieval building is otherwise represented by fragments of various periods. In the north aisle wall is a reset C12 round arched doorway with some shallow decoration. Early C15 2-light windows in both nave and aisle, much restored. C14 and C15 windows in chancel, mostly renewed in C19, but the east window has early C15 grotesque hood-mould stops. Chancel and tower arches have shafts and capitals of early and late C15 and the tower has a C15 ringing floor. Early C15 south nave doorway. C19 scissor-braced nave roof in the C14 manner, and C19 canted and panelled chancel roof. C19 porch in the C15 manner.

Listing NGR: TL9339562776

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 93395 62776

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1032500 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 07:41:00.

End of official listing