BARN 40 METRES SOUTH WEST OF DAIRY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1032982

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: BARN 40 METRES SOUTH WEST OF DAIRY FARMHOUSE, VALLEY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN 40 METRES SOUTH WEST OF DAIRY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1032982 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 01:01:16.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN 40 METRES SOUTH WEST OF DAIRY FARMHOUSE, VALLEY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Great Finborough

National Grid Reference: TM 01617 57370

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT FINBOROUGH VALLEY LANE TM 05 NW

2/125 Barn, 40m south-west of - Dairy Farmhouse

GV II

Barn and integral granary/cartlodge. C17 with alterations of c.1800. About 8 bays; at least 2 bays at the east end are floored over. Timber-framed and weatherboarded on a plinth of tarred brick; much chestnut or elm weatherboarding of C17/C18. Pantiled roof, once thatched; a pantiled dormer. Clasped purlin roof; many reused C15/C16 rafters. Studwork mainly concealed, but with C17/C18 primary bracing in part at least. A stair of triangular oak blocks approached by a boarded door leads directly to the granary from exterior. The east gable end is open for the cartlodge which is probably an addition, together with the granary above, of c.1800.

Listing NGR: TM0161757370

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279900

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing