This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST MARY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST MARY

List entry Number: 1032984

Location

CHURCH OF ST MARY, BILDESTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Little Finborough

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1955

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 279904

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE FINBOROUGH BILDESTON ROAD TM 05 SW

5/129 Church of St. Mary 9.12.55

- II*

Parish church, medieval with alterations of 1856. Nave and chancel, with C19/C2O vestry on north side. Flint rubble with freestone dressings; south side of nave and part of north is rendered, some remodelling in C16 brick on north side. Concrete plaintiled roofs; a C19 bellcote at the west gable of flint rubble and ashlar in the Decorated style. A mid C14 two-light window at south west corner, and two others renewed in C19. The east window also of C14 with intersecting tracery, restored C19. Two early C16 south chancel windows with square heads. South doorway of C14 with segmental-pointed head; the shafted jambs perhaps of earlier origin. C17 butt-purlin roof to nave. Over the rood beam is a coat of arms dated 1767. A thorough restoration including interior refurbishing took place 1856.

Listing NGR: TM0185854963

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TM 01858 54963

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1032984 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 06:25:15.

End of official listing