BAYLHAM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1033237

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1955

Statutory Address: BAYLHAM HOUSE, MILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAYLHAM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1033237 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 18:48:36.

Location

Statutory Address: BAYLHAM HOUSE, MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Coddenham

National Grid Reference: TM 11333 52568

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CODDENHAM MILL LANE, BAYLHAM TM 15 SW 7/31 Baylham House 9-12-55 - II

Former farmhouse; occupied by and probably built for William Dowsing, inconoclas in mid C17. Major alterations of early and late C19. 2 storeys. Timber-framed and rendered. Plaintiled roof, with a Cl7 internal and chimney of red brick to right and another of C19 to left. Mid C19 small-pane sashes; most replaced 1985 with p.v.c. sashes in original openings. C19 4-panelled entrance door, the upper panels glazed; broad sunk and moulded architrave. Early C20 gabled wooden porch. A little good Cl7 close-studding is exposed internally. Various C19 extensions to left and rear, of painted brick with plaintiled roofs. Included despite C19 and C20 alterations because the home of William Dowsing from 1626 to 1637.

Listing NGR: TM1133352568

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279279

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing