MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1033725

Date first listed: 19-Mar-1962

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1033725 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 17:27:19.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Stanton St. Bernard

National Grid Reference: SU 09365 62267

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STANTON ST BERNARD THE STREET SU 06 SE (east side) 7/193 Manor Farmhouse 19.3.62 II

Manor house, later farm, now house. C17 and early C19. Sarsen with limestone dressings. Slate roof. 'L'-plan, front block of 3 bays with central stair hall, and service wing to rear beyond through passage behind left parlour. Re-entrant angle brought out to square in early C19 and reroofed with parallel ridge. Elevation 2 storeys, 3 bays, with limestone quoins, water sill, string and drip moulding over windows. Central entrance with half-glazed door under anse-de-panier arch, surrounded by bolection mouldings with capitals and draped shields in arch spandrels, and large dropped keystone. Pulvinated frieze over and broken pediment enclosing a small urn. Datestone reading S / M. E / 1677 with volutes over, probably Michael Smith and wife. Blind oval keyed oculi at either side of door. Windows early C19, sixteen-pane sashes to ground floor, 12-pane to upper floor, replacing rebated ovolo cross windows, which remain on both floors of right gable return. Modillion eaves and roof hipped. Rear wing on left; added early C19, is of brick, 2 bays, 2 storeys; and a further extension beyond a through passage, single storey containing service rooms. Internally, early C19 stair and doors. Two C17 eared architraves to doors at first floor level. Windows have scratched graffiti with names of William (Smith) and Barbara Hay, dated 1720.

Listing NGR: SU0936562267

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 311613

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing