BANKSIDE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1033917

Date first listed: 03-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: BANKSIDE, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANKSIDE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1033917 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 08:55:22.

Location

Statutory Address: BANKSIDE, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Bromham

National Grid Reference: ST 96179 65184

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 9665 BROMHAM CHURCH HILL (north side)

10/9 Bankside

II GV

House, c1840, red brick with ashlar dressings and broad slate eaves roof. Two storeys and attic, square plan, gabled to front and rear. Ashlar rusticated quoins, plinth, first floor sill course, window sills, lintels and keystone and arched head to centre door. Three-window east front of 16-pane sashes with 12-pane sash to attic centre. Round-arched doorway recessed in arched surround with ashlar head, raised keystone and imposts. Plain fanlights. Two north wall stacks and 2 stacks on south roof slope. Similar rear, but plain cambered-head doorway and canted timber bay to ground floor right. Small 3-storey range to north with cambered- head casement pair windows and dentilled eaves. House was built for J. Banks, brewer, whose brewery adjoining was built in 1811, closed 1895 and is now demolished. House is prominently set above Church Hill and is included for group value. (H. Davis, A History of Bromham, 1965)

Listing NGR: ST9600065100

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 311159

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Davis, H, History of Bromham, (1965)

End of official listing