MANNINGFORD BRUCE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1033953

Date first listed: 03-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: MANNINGFORD BRUCE HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANNINGFORD BRUCE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1033953 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 15:28:47.

Location

Statutory Address: MANNINGFORD BRUCE HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Manningford

National Grid Reference: SU 14013 58006

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MANNINGFORD MANNINGFORD BRUCE SU 15 NW 2/89 Manningford Bruce House II Rectory, now house. Mid-late C18. Brick with tiled roof. Two- storey,'T'-plan, with rear wing probably earlier. Facade has two 2-storey canted bays and between, main entrance to left and tripartite window. New entrance door 6-panelled, with heavy round hood on console brackets. All ground floor openings with gauged lintels, but timber lintels to first floor and brick dentilled eaves. Twelve pane sashes, and 24-pane sash to right gable end, the lower sash dropping below floor level. Rear wing is of 3 bays with plat band and tripartite sashes, the centre bay with a circular web-glazed window on the first floor. Stack at root of wing, 4 clustered flues set diagonally. Interior: rear wing contains fragmentary timber framing, probably the parsonage house referred to in 1678. Left front room contains some panelling. The west front was built for Rev. G. Webb, 1763-1815. Some work is recorded in the early C19.

Listing NGR: SU1401358006

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 311040

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing