LOWER KNIGHTON

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034311

Date first listed: 18-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Feb-1992

Statutory Address: LOWER KNIGHTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER KNIGHTON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034311 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 11:42:27.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWER KNIGHTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Newchurch

National Grid Reference: SZ 57003 86316

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NEWCHURCH SZ58NE Lower Knighton 1352-0/1/134 18/01/67 Formerly Listed as: Knighton Farmhouse GV II

Farmhouse. Probably c1693. Datestone 1742 with initials M D over the door probably refers to alterations. Built of coursed stone rubble with ashlar quoins. tiled roof. Off-central clustered brick chimneystack. Roughly L-shaped lobby entrance house with modern extension now incorporating C18 brewhouse. 2 storeys 4 windows. 4 C20 casements. Stone coping and kneelers to gable ends. Plinth. Off-central early C19 6-panelled door under mid C19 gabled weather porch which has a slate roof, columns and lattice work between. Catslide roof to rear with out-shut. Former brewhouse of stone with brick dressings. Former brewhouse to rear of stone with brick dressings now incorporated in house. Half-winder staircase. Lounge has wide stone fireplace and chamfered spine beam with lamb's tongue stops. At one time this house had carved sailing ships of the Napoleonic period. During renovation they were removed and were (at the time of resurvey) displayed at Haseley Manor (see Arreton Parish). Initials over door may stand for Mary Dillington of Knighton Gorges.

Listing NGR: SZ5700386316

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 310171

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing