THE EARL OF YARBOROUGH'S MONUMENT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034326

Date first listed: 18-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Feb-1992

Statutory Address: THE EARL OF YARBOROUGH'S MONUMENT, CULVER DOWN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE EARL OF YARBOROUGH'S MONUMENT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034326 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 09:53:25.

Location

Statutory Address: THE EARL OF YARBOROUGH'S MONUMENT, CULVER DOWN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Bembridge

National Grid Reference: SZ 63317 85646

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/05/2012

SZ68NW 1352-0/2/16 18/01/67

BEMBRIDGE CULVER DOWN The Earl of Yarborough's Monument

(Formerly listed as Yarland Monument; formerly listed as The Earl of Yarborough's Monument )

II

Monument. Erected by public subscription in 1849 to the memory of Charles Anderson Pelman, 1st Earl of Yarborough of Appuldurcombe, Wroxall in the parish of Godshill who was the founder and first commodore of the Royal Yacht Squadron at Cowes (d 1846). Obelisk of vermiculated granite, its lower part stepped, standing on a tall ashlar plinth and stepped base with the Yarborough arms carved on the north and south sides of the plinth.

Listing NGR: SZ6331785646

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 310054

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing