BRADING RAILWAY STATION MAIN BUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1034363
Date first listed:
14-Apr-1986
Statutory Address:
BRADING RAILWAY STATION MAIN BUILDING, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRADING RAILWAY STATION MAIN BUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034363 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 00:33:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
BRADING RAILWAY STATION MAIN BUILDING, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Brading
National Grid Reference:
SZ 60951 86879

Details

BRADING SZ6087 STATION ROAD 1352-0/7/100 Brading Railway Station Main 14/04/86 Building GV II Railway station. Opened 1864 but Station house dated 1877. Built by the Isle of Wight Railway. Red brick with Welsh slate roofs. Rectangular single storey pavilions. Street front has door, window, window door, window, window, window, window, unevenly spaced. The doors are 4-panel with semi-circular brick heads with projecting bays. The windows are plain sashes with segmental heads. Pierced bargeboard gables. Two ridge stacks. Platform front with similar treatment plus canopy on cast iron brackets with IWR in spandrels. Included as part of the only station complex surviving on the Island.

Listing NGR: SZ6095186879

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
310139
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/09171/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Barrett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].