This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARN AND STABLING TO THE SOUTH WEST OF THE MILL HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN AND STABLING TO THE SOUTH WEST OF THE MILL HOUSE

List entry Number: 1034385

Location

BARN AND STABLING TO THE SOUTH WEST OF THE MILL HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Isle of Wight

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Bembridge

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Sep-1989

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 310043

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BEMBRIDGE SZ68NW Barn and stabling to the SW of the 1352-0/2/4 Mill House 26/09/89 II

Stabling and barn. 2 builds, barn dated 1706 over lintel to cart entrance, stabling later C18. Barn is built of Isle of Wight stone with roof now covered in corrugated iron. Left-hand side has stabling for one horse with wooden mullioned window to ground floor and above another window with wooden pegged architrave and sliding shutter with iron cames and old glass (probably stable boy's accommodation). Central cart entrance and 2 tiers of triangular ventilation slits. Later roof of scientific kingpost trusses. Stabling to left is also of Isle of Wight stone but of lower elevation with old pegtiled roof. Gable end with brick kneelers. Stable door has pegged architrave and brick dressings. Brick gable end with attic hay loft loading door with 4-plank door. Interior has chamfered spine beam possibly reused from a domestic building.

Listing NGR: SZ6387587587

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SZ 63875 87587

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034385 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2018 at 06:53:49.

End of official listing