This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

METHODIST CHURCH AND CHURCH HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: METHODIST CHURCH AND CHURCH HALL

List entry Number: 1034412

Location

METHODIST CHURCH AND CHURCH HALL, BRIDGE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Ashford

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wye with Hinxhill

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Feb-1989

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 409839

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 0446 0546 WYE BRIDGE STREET (south side)

8/184 Methodist Church and Church Hall

GV II

Wesleyan Chapel. 1869. Red brick with yellow, blue and black polychromatic dressings. Slate roof. Simple 3 bay church with attached hall to west. North (entrance) front with painted pilaster strip buttresses and raised parapet gable, with roundel in gable and relieving arch over, with lancets to left and to right with lozenge-tracery iron lights. Central boarded double doors with strap hinges, cusped head and arched surround. Three round headed windows to left return in arched surrounds, separated by pilaster strips. Church hall to right, with 2 lancets and boarded door to left on ground floor, and rounded triangular gable opening. Foundation plaque to right ground floor of main block, inscribed: This stone was laid by Sir Thomas Lycett June 16th 1869

Listing NGR: TR0533046674

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TR 05333 46672

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034412 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-May-2018 at 11:33:11.

End of official listing