CHURCH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034649

Date first listed: 11-Nov-1952

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, DOG LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034649 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 02:10:49.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, DOG LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire (District Authority)

Parish: Nether Whitacre

National Grid Reference: SP 23125 92951

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NETHER WHITACRE DOG LANE SP29SW (South-east side) 5/98 Church House 11/11/52 GV II House. Circa 1600, restored in the late C19. Timber-framed, partly rebuilt in brick and painted to imitate timber-framing; plain tile roof with crested ridge tiles; 2 brick ridge stacks. H-plan: single-bay hall range aligned east-west facing south with a cross-wing at each end. 2 storeys: 4 tiers of square panels to eaves level, with straight braces and ogee-moulded first floor bressumers. 1:2:1 windows: C19 casements. Gabled wings to left and right with fretted barge boards and apex finials. Both roof trusses have tie beams with brattished soffits of ogee-moulded billets, and V-struts above the collars. Central plank door with 4-centred arch within a C19 gabled porch with 4-centred entrance arch, a barley sugar twist balustrade, fretted barge boards and apex finial. The left hand return of the left hand wing has irregular framing including patches of close studding to the ground floor and small square panels to the first floor. The left hand bay has a curved brace. Interior: chamfered and stopped ceiling beams.

Listing NGR: SP2312592951

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 309412

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing