CURTAIN WALLS AND GATEWAY AT KINGSBURY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034721

Date first listed: 22-Jul-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 23-May-1988

Statutory Address: CURTAIN WALLS AND GATEWAY AT KINGSBURY HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CURTAIN WALLS AND GATEWAY AT KINGSBURY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034721 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 14:14:50.

Location

Statutory Address: CURTAIN WALLS AND GATEWAY AT KINGSBURY HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire (District Authority)

Parish: Kingsbury

National Grid Reference: SP 21432 96308

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KINGSBURY SP29NW 8/62 Curtain walls and gateway at 22/07/53 Kingsbury Hall (Formerly listed as Kingsbury Hall and walls with tower and gateway to south-east of hall)

Curtain walls. C14. Regular coursed sandstone. East wall is approximately 30 metres long, including gateway, and between 4 and 5.5 metres high. Gateway, possibly rebuilt, has chamfered arch Remains of semi-octagonal tower to south-east angle, with another wall approximately 22 metres long to west of it; a lower ruinous wall approximately 10 metres long runs south of the tower, and has a brick pointed arched doorway. The walls are remnants of a castle or a fortified house. Scheduled as an Ancient Monument. (Buildings of England: Warwickshire: p327; VCH: Warwickshire: Vol IV, p100)

Listing NGR: SP2144496301

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 309277

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1947), 100
Pevsner, N, Wedgwood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1966), 327

End of official listing