STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING BLYTH HALL ON THE NORTH EAST AND ATTACHED GATEPIER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034768

Date first listed: 11-Nov-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 23-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING BLYTH HALL ON THE NORTH EAST AND ATTACHED GATEPIER, COLESHILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING BLYTH HALL ON THE NORTH EAST AND ATTACHED GATEPIER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034768 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 06:42:03.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK ADJOINING BLYTH HALL ON THE NORTH EAST AND ATTACHED GATEPIER, COLESHILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire (District Authority)

Parish: Shustoke

National Grid Reference: SP 20950 90179

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHUSTOKE COLESHILL ROAD SP2090 (North side) Blyth Hall 11/181 Stable block adjoining Blyth 11/11/52 Hall on the NE and attached gatepier (Formerly listed under Blyth Hall with stables and pigeoncote) GV II Stable block. 1704. Red brick, English garden wall bond. Plain-tiled roof with shaped gable end parapets on kneelers and moulded brick eaves cornice. Hexagonal bell cupola with bell-shaped leaded roof. 2 storeys. One dormer. At first floor a clock of 1704 with Roman numerals and single hand. Segmental arch to 2 openings at ground floor. At the east end a wing for a tack room. c.1704. Red brick and plain-tiled roof and shaped gable end parapets on kneelers. Ridge stack. 2 storeys. Gable end to the yard has an unglazed oculus and breathers of diaper pattern. Segmental arch to the doorway. Interior has fireplace with cast iron grate. Adjoining on north-west, a gatepier to the yard. 1704. Red brick with stone coping and ball finial. (Information from Sir William Dugdale)

Listing NGR: SP2095090179

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 309086

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing