HOAR HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1034798

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: HOAR HALL, SANDY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOAR HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034798 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 14:07:56.

Location

Statutory Address: HOAR HALL, SANDY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire (District Authority)

Parish: Over Whitacre

National Grid Reference: SP 25955 91954

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OVER WHITACRE SANDY LANE SP29SE (East side) 3/151 Hoar Hall GV II* House. 1732 with earlier origins. Red brick, Flemish bond. Hipped roof of plain-tiles with coved wood eaves cornice. Symmetrically disposed red brick internal stacks. Double-pile plan. Cellar, 2 storeys and attic. 3 hipped dormers. Symmetrical 5-bay facade of C19 12-pane, recessed hung sashes under rubbed and gauged brick arches with stone sills, painted. 2 windows are now blind. Central doorway approached by 3 sandstone steps, segmental in plan. Plain pilaster doorcase of wood with narrow hood. Double doors of 4 panels and rectangular fanlight with glazing bars radiating from small central light having reset coat of arms of E. Weston. Similar ground floor fenestration includes 2 blind windows. South-west side wall of 4 window bays. A cellar light has a sandstone surround. 4 of the windows in this elevation have cross-frame casements, some of which are C18. Rear wall openings in elliptical header brick arches. The north wall has a down waterpipe with original rain water head dated 1732. Interior: Raised and fielded and bolection moulded panelling to one ground floor room. Corner cupboard with half-round head, shaped shelves and panelled door. Open-well staircase with curved and cantilevered landing. Open-string with column-on-vase balusters, turned newels and toads-back rail, ramped. Cellar lined with squared and coursed sandstone. 2 original fireplaces at first floor and a plaster cheese floor to one attic room. The house was acquired by a member of the Weston family in 1692 and was occupied by a member of the family until 1892. In c.1732 the house was rebuilt by E. Weston, whose coat of arms appears in the central bars of the fanlight above the front door. (A. Varnam: MSS)

Listing NGR: SP2595591954

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 309056

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing