FILLONGLEY OLD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034867

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: FILLONGLEY OLD HALL, CHAPEL GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of FILLONGLEY OLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034867 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 15:48:22.

Location

Statutory Address: FILLONGLEY OLD HALL, CHAPEL GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire (District Authority)

Parish: Fillongley

National Grid Reference: SP 26874 85320

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FILLONGLEY CHAPEL GREEN SP28NE (East side) 6/18 Fillongley Old Hall - II House. Early C16, remodelled and extended c.1840. Timber-framed, cased or rebuilt in red brick, Flemish bond, part rendered, with sandstone ashlar to 2 gables on the front. Plain-tiled roofs with end parapets on moulded kneelers. 4 bay main range with cross-passage at rear of stack. 3 rear gables are all of c.1840. 2 storeys. Centre block of red brick. Segmental arches to two 4-light cross-frame casements. Centre porch of c.1840. Sandstone ashlar with gabled roof with end parapet on kneelers. 4-centred outer arch. The porch is symmetrical with the front elevation but the doorway is slightly off-centre. C19 doorway on site of the original C16 entry to the cross-passage. 2 symmetrically disposed c.1840 ashlar 2-storey gables with end parapets. Each has, at first floor, a blind cross-frame casement and at ground floor a similar window, glazed. The gables to the rear wall are also 1840 and of red brick. Interior: Roof of main range. C16. 4 bays with 2 intact partition walls in the roof. Close-set vertical studding. Roof has clasped side purlins, jointed at the principals and wind bracing, some removed. Inglenook fireplace. Cellar at south end probably beneath the original solar, early C16 or possibly earlier. Walls of coursed and squared sandstone and roof vaulted with similar material. In south-east corner a four-centred arch with iron fittings and draw-bar holes. On the outer side the doorway has a broad chamfer. Entry to the cellar was originally probably from a newel stair-turret, fragments of which may remain, leading from the solar.

Listing NGR: SP2687485320

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 308922

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing