This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FARM BUILDING APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH EAST OF NEWNHAM HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FARM BUILDING APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH EAST OF NEWNHAM HALL

List entry Number: 1034906

Location

FARM BUILDING APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH EAST OF NEWNHAM HALL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Rugby

District Type: District Authority

Parish: King's Newnham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-Oct-1960

Date of most recent amendment: 25-Aug-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 308812

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KINGS NEWNHAM SP47NW 2/26 Farm building approx. 6m. SE 06/10/60 of Newnham Hall (Formerly listed as Barn at Newnham Hall)

GV II

Shown on Ordnance Survey map as Dovecote. Farm building, formerly dovecote. Said to be C16, altered C17. Further altered C18/C19. Regular coursed limestone, with alternating wide and narrow courses. Red sandstone dressings, with alternating quoins. Some brick patching. Old plain-tile roof has coped gable parapets. Large painted double-leaf plank doors to left have painted wood lintel. Smaller, lower opening to right has blackened wood lintel. Left return side has 2 low buttresses. 2 small openings. String course to base of gable. Gable has recessed chamfered 3-light mullioned window with label. The building probably belonged to the mansion of the Earls of Chichester on the site, demolished in 1776. (Buildings of England: Warwickshire, p.328; V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.VI, p.193).

Listing NGR: SP4487577151

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1951), 193
Pevsner, N, Wedgewood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1981), 328

National Grid Reference: SP4487577151

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034906 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-May-2018 at 11:11:03.

End of official listing