CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1035139
Date first listed:
11-Apr-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1035139 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 14:30:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Warwick (District Authority)
Parish:
Sherbourne
National Grid Reference:
SP 26223 61184

Details

SHERBOURNE Church Lane

15/244 Church of All Saints

11.4.67

GV II*

Parish church. 1862-4. Architect Sir George Gilbert Scott. Large estate church in Early English/Decorated style. Ashlar built with plain tile roofs. Comprising: nave, chancel, north and south aisles, north and south organ chamber and chapel, north west tower with porch and south vestry. Cinquefoiled circular clerestory windows. North transept in organ chamber by Oldrid Scott circa 1882 and has statues of David and two angels under canopies, carved by Brindley of Farmer and Brindley. Tall north west tower and long thin spire with gabled belfry and detached polygonal pinnacles rising from corner buttress. Interior: arcades of polychrome marble. Vaulted south chapel and north organ chamber. Pulpit stair by Skidmore of Coventry. Stained glass mostly by Clayton and Bell and by Hardman in south chapel. Ryland tomb chest in south chapel. The church was built by Miss Louisa Ann Ryland for £20,000. The Rylands were Birmingham industrialists. There are some C18 headstones in the churchyard.



Listing NGR: SP2622361184

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
308116
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04851/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Walter Chinn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].