CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1035212
Date first listed:
11-Apr-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1035212.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 15:06:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Warwick (District Authority)
Parish:
Hatton
National Grid Reference:
SP 23602 67368

Details

HATTON Hatton Green

9/180 Church of Holy Trinity

11.4.67

- II*

Parish church. C15 west tower, the remainder rebuilt in 1880 by W Young for the Hewletts of Haseley Manor (qv). Perpendicular west tower in ashlar with angle buttresses with set-offs, embattled parapet, two-light bell-openings and tall Perpendicular west window of three-lights and transom. The 1880 rebuilding in rock-faced masonry with low aisles gabled clerestory, transepts, chancel and south porch. Stained glass, much restored early C16 German glass. Monuments 1825 Dr Parr the classical scholar who became curate in 1785; William Norcliffe 1734; and Reginal Miller Norcliffe 1749; Thomas Bree 1778 with obelisk. John Smithyman 1794 with urn and garland at the top and putto head at the foot. In the churchyard there is a tomb-chest of 1756 at base of the tower.



Listing NGR: SP2360267368

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
308052
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/05542/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Ruth Charlton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].