CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1035234
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1035234.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2020 at 16:24:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Warwick (District Authority)
Parish:
Budbrooke
National Grid Reference:
SP 25845 65577

Details

BUDBROOKE Budbrooke

Church of St Michael 10/134

11.4.67

- I

Parish church. C12 and C13 sandstone with C19 transepts. Nave has blocked Norman north doorway with one order of shafts and a billet hood mould, and a Perpendicular south window. C13 chancel with north and south lancets. Perpendicular east window and large buttresses. Originally a south aisle. C19 north and south transepts, the north one has date 1838. Rendered timber frame south porch. C13 west tower in three stages with Y-traceried bell openings in first and second stage, battlements and crocheted pinnacles, ground stage has clasping buttresses. Stained glass east window of 1846 by Holland. Monument to Rouland, Baron Dormer of Wing, 1712 - an open segmental pediment and pilasters containing an inscription, and angels trumpets and an urn, with drapery below.



Listing NGR: SP2584565577

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
308003
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04851/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Walter Chinn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].