THE OLD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1035416

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 19-Mar-1973

Statutory Address: THE OLD HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1035416 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 20:50:50.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Warwick (District Authority)

Parish: Warwick

National Grid Reference: SP 26959 62652

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 1781 LONGEBRIDGE The Old House (formerly listed as Old Manor Farmhouse, Stratford Road, Longbridge) SP 26 SE 12/313 10.1.53. II GV

2. Elevation facing main road has two identical, 2 storey plus attic, gabled cross wings of circa 1600, close set studding with colourwashed brick infilling. False framing in cement to lower storey painted to match. Sashes in cased frames, probably inserted circa 1830. Structure between end gables has been rebuilt at about the same time with large, slightly projecting gable of colourwashed brickwork which detracts from value of south elevation. The greater part of elevations to rear (facing farmyard) are of C17 square timber framing with red brick infilling. C19 brick chimneys. Machine tiles. VCH, viii, p.435.

The Old House, with the West Barn, form a group.

Listing NGR: SP2695962652

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 307543

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1969), 435

End of official listing