THE OLD MINT PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1035589

Date first listed: 07-Jan-1952

Statutory Address: THE OLD MINT PUBLIC HOUSE, COVENTRY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD MINT PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1035589 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 08:34:04.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD MINT PUBLIC HOUSE, COVENTRY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Southam

National Grid Reference: SP 41911 61928

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOUTHAM COVENTRY STREET SP4161 (East side) 13/64 The old Mint Public House 07/01/52

GV II

House, now inn. Early C16. Squared coursed lias with sandstone dressings, patched in places with Roman bricks, with plinth and coped gables. Plain-tile roof with brick end stacks. L-shaped plan, with gable facing front. 2 storeys plus cellar and attics; 3-window range of 3-light mullioned windows with hood mould and labels to ground and first floors, and 2-light mullioned window to attic. C16 gabled porch in internal angle rises to attic, and has a 2-light mullioned window to first floor with worn panel above, and single light in gable. C20 one-storey addition to porch has plank door within Tudor-arched surround. Further doorway in original porch has part-renewed chamfered surround and renewed Tudor-arched head. Left side and rear have further mullioned windows and single-chamfered lights. C16 Tudor-arched doorway to rear, and to front within original porch. Interior: heavy stop-chamfered spine beans in ground floor room to rear, also said to exist in first floor rooms. C17 open-well staircase rising to attics with moulded strings, large turned balusters, moulded handrails and pendants, and a panelled newel-post with ball finials. (V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.VI, pp.220-221 and Buildings of England: Warwickshire, p.403).

Listing NGR: SP4191161928

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 307194

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1951), 220-1
Pevsner, N, Wedgwood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1966), 403

End of official listing