BEACON TOWER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1035652

Date first listed: 07-Jan-1952

Statutory Address: BEACON TOWER

Map

Ordnance survey map of BEACON TOWER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1035652 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 18:33:54.

Location

Statutory Address: BEACON TOWER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Burton Dassett

National Grid Reference: SP 39452 52082

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BURTON DASSETT SP3952 14/6 Beacon Tower 07/01/52 II

Beacon tower. C15. Altered C20. Coursed squared ironstone. Conical cement roof. Tapering circular plan. Blocked doorway and window. Top has cartels, possibly the remains of machicolations. Probably originally a tower mill, later converted to a look-out tower. (V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.5, p.69; Buildings of England: Warwickshire, p.222).

Listing NGR: SP3945252082

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 307001

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W , The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1949), 69
Pevsner, N, Wedgwood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1966), 222

End of official listing