CONHOLT PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1035931

Date first listed: 04-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: CONHOLT PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of CONHOLT PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1035931 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 12:25:52.

Location

Statutory Address: CONHOLT PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Chute

National Grid Reference: SU 32443 55004

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHUTE - SU 35 NW 6/66 Conholt Park 4.6.52 II*

House in parkland. Late C17, C18 and early C19. Red brick, extended in buff-grey brick with stone dressings to openings, green slate roof. Two storeys, attics and cellars. Original building of late C17, probably 4 bays but partly demolished at north east end. Large south wing forming new front, 1810-11 of 7 bays, further extended later C19 by projecting and canted bay on right, and with billiard room with canted bay to rear. Original block and front build at angle to each other, with entrance at junction, a semicircular Tuscan portico of 4 columns and entablature. Glazed doors. South front has 15-pane sashes to ground floor, 12-paned to upper floor, all with moulded architraves, pulvinated frieze and cornice. Facade has cornice with paired modillion eaves and parapet. Interior has two elegant early C19 drawing and sitting rooms in south west. Through wide corridor from entrance leads to oval central stair hall at rear, with good flying stair and metal balustrade. Earlier wing has mid C18 close-balustered dog-leg stair. Externally, in north re-entrant angle, a disused horse gin by Tasker & Sons of Andover.

Listing NGR: SU3244355004

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 312273

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing