This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARN APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF BELCOMBE COURT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF BELCOMBE COURT

List entry Number: 1036021

Location

BARN APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF BELCOMBE COURT, BELCOMBE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Bradford-on-Avon

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Aug-1974

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Oct-1990

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 312501

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 86 SW BELCOMBE ROAD (north side)

Barn approx 20 m E of Belcombe Court (formerly listed as Grotto in Grounds to West of Belcombe Court)

GV 23.8.74 II

the description shall be amended to read:

Barn, now outbuilding. C15, rebuilt c.1900 after fire. Coursed and dressed limestone rubble; stone-coped gabled stone slate roof. South porch has diagonal clasping buttresses, hood mould over large double-chamfered pointed-arched doorway, and c.1900 pointed-arched doorway to left side. Interior: 7-bay butt-purlin roof, mostly C18.

------------------------------------

1. BELCOMBE ROAD 5411 (North Side)

Barn to east of Belcombe Court and to south of Stables ST 86 SW 6/116C 18.4.52.

II GV

2. Late medieval, but with considerable restoration (probably in C19). Ashlar with old stone-tiled roof. Gabled and buttressed with a plain loop in each bay. The central porch has a gable and a large quadrilateral-arched doorway (renewed) with moulded head and jambs. Large, blind window in west gable-end with intercesting tracery and hood-mould.

Belcombe Court forms an important group with the Temple, Stables, Barn, Grotto and Cottage to the west.



Listing NGR: ST8179360637

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 81797 60634

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1036021 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-May-2018 at 09:14:25.

End of official listing