PUMP HOUSE WITH BOATHOUSE IN GROUNDS OF BISHOPSTROW HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1036340
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1976
Statutory Address:
PUMP HOUSE WITH BOATHOUSE IN GROUNDS OF BISHOPSTROW HOUSE, WARMINSTER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PUMP HOUSE WITH BOATHOUSE IN GROUNDS OF BISHOPSTROW HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1036340 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 10:25:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
PUMP HOUSE WITH BOATHOUSE IN GROUNDS OF BISHOPSTROW HOUSE, WARMINSTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bishopstrow
National Grid Reference:
ST 89725 43988

Details

BISHOPSTROW WARMINSTER ROAD ST 84 SE (south side) 3/16 Pump House with boathouse in the grounds of Bishopstrow House 11.11.76

GV II

Pump house with boat house to rear. Late C18. Square-panelled timber framing with brick nogging, the north-west front plastered, Welsh slate roof. Single-storey. Front facing garden has round-arched ovolo-moulded wooden doorway with imposts anti keystone, double wooden doors, either side are boarded-up windows with square ovolo-moulded wooden architraves. Cornice with pediment over. Returns and rear have exposed timber framing. Narrow wet-dock in boathouse. On River Wylye in grounds of C17 Bishopstrow House demolished c.1800 and replaced by present Bishopstrow House (q.v.) 1817, to north of Warminster Road; the gardens linked to the latter by tunnel (q.v.) under road.

Listing NGR: ST8972543988

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
313233
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/02471/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Geraldine Bunn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].