MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1036927

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: MILL, LOWER STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1036927 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:48:39.

Location

Statutory Address: MILL, LOWER STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Babergh (District Authority)

Parish: Sproughton

National Grid Reference: TM 12483 45102

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 1245 SPROUGHTON LOWER STREET 5/48 Mill GV II Watermill. Late C18. Red brick in Flemish bond, hipped glazed Black pantile roof. 4 storeys, 5 bays, the left and right bays having blind recessed brick panels beneath segmental arches. The 2nd and 4th bays have 12-light timber casements beneath similar arches. The central bay has a boarded door to the ground floor and first floor, that to ground floor beneath flat arch, and a 2 storey Lucum above. 4 round iron ties to 2nd and 3rd floors. Left hand return. Double boarded doors. 3 blind recessed brick panels. Ties to 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors. Rear. Arranged as the front elevation but the central bay is plain, without openings. Mill race beneath mill, fed through 2 brick arches beneath brick wall with stone parapet, set forward from the mill building. No internal fittings or machinery. Mill in use until 1947.

Listing NGR: TM1248345102

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 277376

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing