CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1037136

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1958

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Jul-1980

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1037136 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 08:45:02.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Babergh (District Authority)

Parish: Layham

National Grid Reference: TM 03065 40311

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LAYHAM CHURCH LANE 1. 5377 Church of St Andrew (formerly listed under Village Street) TM 04 SW 42/694 23.1.58. II 2 A flint and stone church of C14 origin but almost completely renewed when the church was restored in the C19. The red brick west tower was built in 1742 to replace an earlier C13-C14 tower of which the nave arch remains. The interior has a hexagonal C13 font.

Listing NGR: TM0306540311

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 276848

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing