CHURCH OF ST MARY AT THE QUAY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1037707

Date first listed: 19-Dec-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY AT THE QUAY, KEY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY AT THE QUAY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1037707 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 16:08:14.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY AT THE QUAY, KEY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Ipswich (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TM 16514 44095

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for :-

1. 3/96 1260 4/96 KEY STREET The Boys Brigade HQ (formerly listed as Church of St Mary-at-the-Quay)

the address shall be amened to read:

KEY STREET Church of St Mary-at-the-Quay ------------------------------------

1. 1260 KEY STREET

The Boys Brigade HQ (formerly listed as Church of St Mary-at-the-Quay) TM 1644 SW 3/96 TM 1644 SE 4/96 19.12.51.

II*

2. A C15 Church begun after 1448 when money was bequeathed for its building, now used as a headquarters for the Boys' Brigade. Flint with stone dressings, the exterior os perpendicular. It has a tall nave with north and south aisles with perpendicular windows and a heavy west tower with diagonal buttresses and flushwork ornamentation to the upper part, which was rebuilt in the C20. The nave has a fine double hammer beam roof with the wall posts bearing carved figures.

Listing NGR: TM1651444095

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 275487

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing