EAST LODGE TO CAVERSWALL CASTLE AND BALUSTRADING SCREEN WALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1038002
Date first listed:
03-Jan-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
08-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
EAST LODGE TO CAVERSWALL CASTLE AND BALUSTRADING SCREEN WALL, CAVERSWALL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of EAST LODGE TO CAVERSWALL CASTLE AND BALUSTRADING SCREEN WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038002.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Feb-2020 at 01:56:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
EAST LODGE TO CAVERSWALL CASTLE AND BALUSTRADING SCREEN WALL, CAVERSWALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)
Parish:
Caverswall
National Grid Reference:
SJ 95151 42821

Details

SJ 9542 CAVERSWALL C.P. CAVERSWALL ROAD (West side)

12/7 East Lodge to Caverswall Castle and balustraded screen 3.1.67 wall (formerly listed as East Lodge of Caverswall Castle) - II

Lodge. Dated 1890. Red sandstone ashlar; flat roof concealed behind crenellated parapet. Of a sympathetic style to the castle (q.v.). Two- storey, three-window front, banded at ceiling levels; 3-sided bay to left side with 1:3:1 light mullioned and transomed windows, further similar windows to right end of centre, set over inset labelled panel inscribed WE labelled round arch entrance, the stops inscribed "A.D." and &A "1891"; part glazed door. The lodge occupies a promiment position in the village centre between the Church of St. Peter (q.v.) and the Church of St. Filomena (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SJ9515142821

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
274809
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Oct 2007
Reference: IOE01/16999/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Lewis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].