LOCK KEEPER'S COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1038088

Date first listed: 27-Apr-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: LOCK KEEPER'S COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOCK KEEPER'S COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038088 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 04:29:08.

Location

Statutory Address: LOCK KEEPER'S COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)

Parish: Endon and Stanley

National Grid Reference: SJ 94791 53772

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ENDON & STANLEY C.P. CALDON CANAL SJ 95 SW 4/123 Lock Keeper's Cottage 27.4.76 (formerly listed as Lock Keeper's Cottage adjoining Hazehurst Lock)

- II

Lock keeper's cottage. Early C19. Rendered brickwork; blue tile roof; ridge and side stacks. L-shaped plan. Small 2-storey front; gable to left with mullioned 2-light window to first floor over small hipped bay window, with similar mullioned 2-light casement; set back to right has side stack running up centre of face; door to right side elevation. The cottage is set at the junction of the Leek Branch with the main canal, the latter opened in 1779 and the former 1801. The early surveys for the canal were done by James Brindley in 1772, but upon his untimely death the work became the responsibility of Henshaw and John Rennie.

Listing NGR: SJ9479153772

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 274614

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing