CHURCH OF ST CHAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1038123
Date first listed:
15-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CHAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST CHAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038123.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Feb-2020 at 23:46:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CHAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)
Parish:
Bagnall
National Grid Reference:
SJ 92837 50959

Details

BAGNALL C.P. BAGNALL SJ 95 SW 4/5 Church of St Chad - GV II

Parish church. 1834, altered c.1880. By J. Beardmore. Coursed squared and roughly-dressed millstone; machine tile roofs; verge parapets. Tower, nave and chancel. Tower: of 3 stages, strings above and below bell chamber, slightly corbelled to crenellated parapet; labelled pointed 2-light Y-tracery bell chamber openings, entrance porch to south, boarded door. Nave: of 31 bays divided by 2-stage buttresses, 2-light Tudor-arch windows; the half bay to the east has a tall shouldered plinth set between the buttresses. Chancel: of 1879-81; 2 bays, 3-light Tudor window to west and small similar single- light to east; Tudor-arched labelled east window of 3 trefoil-headed lights; gabled vestry to north side of chancel. B.O.E. P.64.

Listing NGR: SJ9283750959

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
274492
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Staffordshire, (1974), 64

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/03133/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Peach. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].