This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COACH HOUSE TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST ANNE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COACH HOUSE TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST ANNE

List entry Number: 1038130

Location

COACH HOUSE TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST ANNE, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Brown Edge

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 274509

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BROWN EDGE C.P. CHURCH ROAD SJ 95 SW 4/21 Coach house to north - of Church of St Anne

GV II

Coach house. Dated 1846. Coursed squared and dressed stone blocks; tiled roof; verge parapets and poppy-head finials. Built into the bank against the church; 2-storey to the north side only with elliptical carriage arch to the right and stable to the left, the upper floor of three 2-light casement windows and diagonally-boarded door to right is reached on the north side by a stone slab balcony with wrought iron handrail served by steps to the west; a painted plaque to the centre of the building under the eaves is inscribed: H H W A hipped, 3-sided bay window faces the church approach 1846 to west. H.H. Williamson was also the patron of the steeple of the church (q.v.). H.H. Williamson married the young window of James Brindley, famous for hydraulic engineering, see Caldon Canal (q.v.) , T.G. Boucher, James Brindley.

Listing NGR: SJ9051154041

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Boucher, TG , James Brindley

National Grid Reference: SJ 90511 54041

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038130 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-May-2018 at 02:34:19.

End of official listing