CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1038831
Date first listed:
15-Jan-1988
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER, WALL HEATH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038831.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2020 at 10:12:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER, WALL HEATH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Lichfield (District Authority)
Parish:
Shenstone
National Grid Reference:
SK 07422 03244

Details

SK OO SE SHENSTONE C.P. WALL HEATH LANE (east side) 8/87 Church of St. Peter

- II

Chapel of ease. 1822, for the 1818 Commission, chancel 1843 by Joseph Potter. Red brick with painted stone dressings to earlier part and coursed dressed squared stone to later chancel. Tiled roofs. West tower, nave and chancel. Tower: of three stages almost entirely engaged into nave; raised string below crenellated parapet. Lancets to bell chamber and Y-tracery pointed west window over pointed west door. Nave of 3½ bays on plinth divided by two-stage buttresses, Y-tracery pointed windows to each bay and either side of tower. Chancel of approximately two bays; diagonal butresses and strings below cill level. Pointed, labelled two light windows to sanctuary and 3-light pointed east window with trefoils in circular tracery within head. Similar flat roofed addition to south and gabled addition to north.

Listing NGR: SK0742203244

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
272702
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16875/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Lewis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].