EDIAL HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1038878

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: EDIAL HALL, LICHFIELD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of EDIAL HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038878 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 06:54:22.

Location

Statutory Address: EDIAL HALL, LICHFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Lichfield (District Authority)

Parish: Burntwood

National Grid Reference: SK 08077 08710

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 00 NE BURNTWOOD C.P. LICHFIELD ROAD (south side) Edial

5/9 Edial Hall (Formerly listed as Edial Hall No 325 Lichfield 9.3.53 Road) - II

Farmhouse. Early C18 with C20 alterations. Red brick; tiled roof; end stack to right (now roofed over). Two storeys and dormer-lit attic, formerly four-, now three-window front; raised band at first-floor level; three hipped dormers over three C20 casements, the two outer are set in C18 openings with gauged brick heads (opening to left and centre blocked); ground floor has large C20 windows with concrete lintels and "reproduction" C20 entrances to left and right of centre with fanlights and pedimented hoods; 6-panel doors. Edial Hall was the home of Dr. Samuel Johnson from 1736-7 where he taught and commenced the tragedy 'Irene'.

Listing NGR: SK0807708710

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 272619

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing