This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MEAFORD HALL THE NURSERY HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MEAFORD HALL THE NURSERY HOUSE

List entry Number: 1038974

Location

MEAFORD HALL THE NURSERY HOUSE, MEAFORD ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Stafford

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stone Rural

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 24-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 272337

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STONE RURAL MEAFORD ROAD 1. 5373 Meaford Meaford Hall: The Nursery House SJ 83 NE 5/7 24.1.67.

II* 2. Early C18. The original mansion remodelled 1874-7,by Burn and McVicar Anderson. Stone; 2 storeys; windows in keyed surrounds, 3 small-paned casements to first storey and 4 renewed sash windows to ground storey; doorway reconstructed with original pilasters having foliated capitals, and good shell ornament over cornice, below which is an inscribed tablet recording that John Jervis, Earl St Vincent, was born in the house 20th January 1735. Parapet; coped gable ends; tiles. Star graded for historic interest. The house was formerly linked to The Manor House (qv) by a connecting wing and covered passage, now demolished. Interior much altered.

Listing NGR: SJ8890135583

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 88901 35583

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038974 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 12:21:34.

End of official listing