RAILWAY VIADUCT APPROXIMATELY 150 YARDS WEST OF BULL BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1039225
Date first listed:
02-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT APPROXIMATELY 150 YARDS WEST OF BULL BRIDGE, LEVEDALE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAILWAY VIADUCT APPROXIMATELY 150 YARDS WEST OF BULL BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1039225 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 11:52:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT APPROXIMATELY 150 YARDS WEST OF BULL BRIDGE, LEVEDALE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
South Staffordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Penkridge
National Grid Reference:
SJ 92073 14430

Details

SJ 9214-9314 PENKRIDGE C.P. LEVEDALE ROAD

9/58 Railway viaduct approxi- - mately 150 yards west of Bull Bridge

GV II

Railway viaduct. 1837. By Thomas Brassey, railway engineer. Red brick and engineering brick (Flemish bond), ashlar quoins and dressings with chamfered rustication. 7 segmental arches spanning the River Penk and Levedale Road, and springing from battered imposts; abutments on each side sweep forward; plain parapet band to plain coped parapet. Bull Bridge is not included in this list. V.C.H. Vol. 5. P. 105.

Listing NGR: SJ9207314430

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
271707
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Stafford, (1959), 105

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/01357/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr GW Tanner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].