Black Ladies

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1039336
Date first listed:
16-May-1953
Statutory Address:
Black Ladies, Kiddemore Green Road

Map

Ordnance survey map of Black Ladies
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1039336 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 14:39:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
Black Ladies, Kiddemore Green Road

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
South Staffordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Brewood and Coven
National Grid Reference:
SJ8475909332

Details

SJ 80 NW 3/61

BREWOOD C.P. Kiddemore Green Road (off) (north side) Black Ladies

16.5.53

GV II*

Country house. Late C16 or early C17 with C20 renovations. Red brick with ashlar dressings; clay roof with crow-stepped gables; clustered brick stacks. T-shape plan; main range facing East and long service wing to rear. Two storeys and attic; slightly irregular fenestration; three storeyed; semi-octagonal turrets to left and right with hipped roofs; two large crow stepped attic gables in centre; mullioned and transomed windows; central C20 porch.

Interior: floor to ceiling oak panelling in ground and first floor rooms; heavy oak staircase with twisted balusters and carved decoration; stone fireplace on ground floor with four-centred head, restored; exposed ceiling beams.

Listing NGR: SJ8475909332

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
271366
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Stafford, (1959)
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Staffordshire, (1974)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/02129/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr GW Tanner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].